/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Cook-Your-Life-Logo-687x1030.png 0 0 Leo Keijzer /wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Cook-Your-Life-Logo-687x1030.png Leo Keijzer2021-01-21 18:00:382021-06-12 12:10:14Blanquette de veau
Blanquette de veauVeal stew
- 500 g veal meat to stew
- 1 piece onion
- 1 piece carrot
- 1 piece leek
- 1 branch celery
- 3 branches thyme
- 2 leave bay leave
- 100 ml white wine
- 200 ml veal juice
- 4 teaspoon butter
- 20 pieces small onions
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoon flour
- 100 g chestnut mushrooms
- 100 g shiitakes
- 100 g oyster mushrooms
- 150 ml cream
- 1 bunch parsley
- 1 lemon squeezed
Heb je dit recept als eens geprobeerd?Let us know how it was!
- Cut the meat into cubes. Make sure they are all about the same size.
- Put the meat in a stockpot and pour in cold water until the meat is just covered. Bring to a boil then simmer for 5 minutes. Pour off and spo Tblsp after the flesh in the colander with cold water.
- Peel the onion and put the cloves in it. Cut the carrot into slices and the celery into pieces.
- Return the meat to the pan. Add the onion, carrots, celery, garlic and herbs.
- Pour in the veal stock and very generous salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. If necessary, skim the surface.
- Put the lid on the pan, reduce the heat and let everything simmer for an hour and a half.
- Cut the mushrooms into thick slices and fry them briefly in a knob of butter, until they are just cooked.
- Drain the meat after stewing. Note: put another pan / bowl under the colander, because you have to collect the moisture. A part of it you need to make the sauce. Remove thevegetables and herbs. Spoon the meat onto a platter and cover briefly with aluminum foil to keep warm. Pour the stock into a measuring cup. You need 500ml to make the sauce. (tip: make sure you keep a little extra stock behind. If your sauce gets too thick, you can dilute it later with the extra stock)
- For the sauce: Melt the butter in a pan over low heat. Add the flour and stir for 2 minutes thoroughly to get a nice roux. Then, while continuing to stir, pour in the stock a little at a time. Cook for a few minutes to get a nice thick sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- Return the meat to pan. Stir the crème fraiche, egg yolk and lemon juice through in a small bowl. Add the egg mixture to the stew and stir well. Heat the mixture a few minutes. Add the mushrooms and pour in the sauce. Heat everything on low heat.Taste well and, if necessary, season further with some extra salt, pepper and / or lemon juice. If you think the sauce is too thick, you can dilute it a bit by adding some extra stock. NOTE: the sauce should not boil anymore, because then the sauce will curdle. Bon appetit!the pan.