/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Cook-Your-Life-Logo-687x1030.png 0 0 Leo Keijzer /wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Cook-Your-Life-Logo-687x1030.png Leo Keijzer2016-11-10 14:00:012021-11-26 14:19:00Scallop tartar with a white chocolate sauce
Scallop tartar with white chocolate sauce
- 2 dl Olive oil
- 400 g Shrimp whole raw and unpeeled
- 0.5 pieces Garlic chopped
- 20 ml peanut oil
- 150 g Carrots sliced
- 50 g leeks only the white. thin rings
- 30 g Fennel thin strips
- 45 g Mushrooms thin slices
- 15 pieces Peppercorns
- 0.5 pieces Shallot thin rings
- 0.5 tsp Coriander seed
- 70 ml Vermouth
- 1 sprig Parsley
- 2 dl Fish stock reduced to 50 ml
- 1.35 dl Whipped cream
- 1.5 dl Milk
- 30 g Chocolate. white minced meat plus extra shavings
- 6 pieces Sint Jaobs mussels brunoise 5 mm
- 10 g Lemon brunoise 2 mm
- 1,5 tsp Chives chopped
- 3 tsp Walnut oil
- 0.25 tsp Sherry vinegar
- 6 pieces of Sint Jaobs mussels in 3 packages
- 30 g caviar black
- 12 Pea shoots
- Heat the oil in a large pan until very hot. Place the shrimp in the pan, remove from the heat and shake until the shrimp are pink. Let them cool in the oil, drain and keep the oil behind. We do not use the shrimps, but you can eat them.
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a pan. Add the chopped vegetables, garlic, peppercorns and coriander seeds and cook until vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes. Add the vermouth and reduce over medium heat until syrupy. Add parsley, fish stock, whipping cream and milk. Bring the mixture to a gentle boil and let it cool off the heat. Strain it into a clean pan.
- Mix the scallops with the pickled lemon (or lemon juice), chives, walnut oil, vinegar and salt. Divide the mixture between the plates using a small ring mold (5 cm).
- Gently heat the foam and stir in the chopped chocolate until it melts. Add salt. Pour some oil on a plate and dip the scallop slices in it. Season them with salt and fry them briefly in a hot, dry pan. Place the scallop rounds, baked side up, on the tartare and garnish with caviar, pea shoots and chocolate shavings. Use a stick blender to froth the chocolate foam and pour the foam around the tartare. Drizzle some shrimp oil on the foam and serve immediately.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!