/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Cook-Your-Life-Logo-687x1030.png 0 0 Leo Keijzer /wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Cook-Your-Life-Logo-687x1030.png Leo Keijzer2021-11-15 20:25:262021-11-15 20:38:33Black pudding sausage
Black pudding sausage
- 1 kg pork belly
- 1 liter pork blood
- 40 g sea salt
- 2 tsp mace grinded
- 1 tsp black pepper grinded
- 3 tsp mustard powder grinded
- 5 pieces cloves grinded
- 1,5 tsp allspice grinded
- 50 g rusk grinded
- 150 g shalot chopped
- 1 piece porc intestine diameter 30-32 mm
- Make sure the meat and the meat grinder are very cold. Place them in the fridge for half an hour before processing.
- Saute the shallots in some butter or lard.
- Grind the meat on the 8 mm plate. In a cold mixing bowl, mix the meat with all the herbs and spices, the rusk crumbs and the fried shallots.
- Add the blood little by little until the meat and rusk have absorbed the blood well. The sausage meat is now quite runny and ready to be squeezed into the gut.
- Tie the beginning of the casing closed and pull the entire casing over the mouth of the sausage stopper or funnel. Fill the casing with the sausage meat and tie another knot in the casing at the end.
- Portion the sausage with butcher's twine into pieces of about 15 cm.
- Then put the whole sausage in a pan of water with salt. Bring the water to a boil and let it simmer for about 15 minutes until the core temperature of the sausage is 72°C. Then quickly cool them back in ice water.
Source: Sam Levie
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!