/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Cook-Your-Life-Logo-687x1030.png 0 0 Leo Keijzer /wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Cook-Your-Life-Logo-687x1030.png Leo Keijzer2018-01-17 23:05:002020-09-18 13:18:02Witlof met ui en kokos, Passard
Endives with onion and coconut, Passard
- 2 pcs onions Cevennes onions
- 2 pcs endives
- 50 g Coconut
- Curry powder green
- Butter salted
- Olive oil
- see salt
- Peel and cut very finely your onions (if you have a mandolin do not hesitate to use it).
- Melt 1 tablespoon half-salted butter in a large skillet or saucepan over medium heat. Add a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Fry gently your onions in this butter for 3 minutes. The idea is to have something very melting and translucent but especially no color. Work on a fire not too strong.
- As soon as it's cooked, take out your stove from the heat and add your coconut that you grate on the moment. The idea is to have 1/5 of coconut for 4/5 of onions. It is important that you still feel coconut so I leave it to your palate to adjust the right amount of coconut.
- Detach the endive leaves that will serve you to welcome the preparation onion-coconut.
- Arrange the equivalent of a small tablespoon of your onion-coconut blend in each endive leaf. Season with a little fleur de sel and a little green curry powder. You can also add some chervil or other leaves on top.
- Serve immediately and treat yourself to the contrast between raw and crisp cold endives and warm, melting onion-coconut!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!