/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Cook-Your-Life-Logo-687x1030.png 0 0 Leo Keijzer /wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Cook-Your-Life-Logo-687x1030.png Leo Keijzer2021-11-01 12:04:022021-11-01 12:12:36Simple tomato sauce
Simple tomato sauce
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 1 piece onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 kg tomatoes, ripe
- olive oil
- 1 tblsp ballsamic vinegar
- Pick the basil leaves. Save some small leaves to garnish the pasta later. Chop the basil leaves and stem coarsely with a sharp knife.
- Peel the onion and garlic and chop into fine slices. Wash the fresh tomatoes and remove the crowns. Then cut them into cubes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Fry the onion in the warm olive oil for 7 minutes or until it is soft and light golden brown. Add the garlic and basil stalks and fry them with the onions for a few minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes, a pinch of sea salt and the wine vinegar. Stir the basil leaves into the tomatoes and cook the sauce gently for 10 minutes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!