/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Cook-Your-Life-Logo-687x1030.png 0 0 Leo Keijzer /wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Cook-Your-Life-Logo-687x1030.png Leo Keijzer2022-10-20 21:28:202022-10-20 21:34:21Semifreddo of hazelnuts
- 200 g toasted hazelnuts
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 600 ml whipped cream
- 120 g egg yolk
- 150 g sugar fine sugar
- 75 g cherry amarenes
- 75 g sugar
- lemon juice
- 2 tbsp water
- 50 g hazelnuts roasted
- Make a hazelnut paste from the roasted hazelnuts and sugar by grinding them into a paste in the food processor. Set aside when done.
- Beat the whipping cream to yogurt thickness. Keep cool.
- Place the egg yolks and sugar in a bowl and beat in a bain marie until lukewarm and creamy. Then beat with the mixer to three times the original volume.
- Carefully mix the hazelnut paste into the egg mixture and add the cherries as well. Then mix the whipped cream through the mass.
- Line a cake tin with plastic wrap. It goes on easily if it's a little moist. Then pour the mass into the mold and close it with the plastic wrap. Place in the freezer for at least 3 hours.
- Make a caramel from the sugar, water and lemon juice. When the caramel turns brown, turn off the heat and add the hazelnuts. Then pour the whole thing on a piece of baking paper and spread out. When it has cooled down, put it in the food processor and give it a spin. Quite large pieces of hazelnut should still remain in the praline.
- Remove the semifreddo from the freezer half an hour before serving. Sprinkle the top with the hazelnut praline and sprinkle some more whole hazelnuts on top. Slice and serve!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!