/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Cook-Your-Life-Logo-687x1030.png 0 0 Leo Keijzer /wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Cook-Your-Life-Logo-687x1030.png Leo Keijzer2018-08-27 15:38:282020-09-18 12:01:17Gedroogde tomatenpesto
Dried tomato pesto
- 300 gr Sun-dried tomatoes
- 70 ml Azijn white
- 50 gram Pijnboompitten
- 1 tblsp Oregano Or wild majoran
- 5 pcs Basilicum leaves coarsely chopped,
- 1 tblsp Kappertjes
- 1 tblsp Peterselie coarsely chopped,
- 1/ 2 tsp Chilli powder
- Olive oil
- Wash the sun-dried tomatoes and pat dry. Bring 2 liters of water to the boil, pour in the vinegar and cook the tomatoes for 6 minutes. Drain and pat dry well.
- Roast the pine nuts in a small frying pan without oil until golden brown.
- Puree the tomatoes, herbs, capers, roasted pine nuts and chilli powder with so much olive oil that it becomes a thick smooth paste. Put the sun-dried tomato pesto in glass jars and add more olive oil if necessary.
- Always keep some sun-dried tomato pesto in the fridge, it can be used in many dishes, for example with bruschetta, in a fresh tomato sauce and in salad dressings.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!