/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Cook-Your-Life-Logo-687x1030.png 0 0 Leo Keijzer /wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Cook-Your-Life-Logo-687x1030.png Leo Keijzer2019-03-30 17:08:252020-09-18 11:29:39Farro salad with roasted carrots
Farro salad with roasted carrots
- 1 1/2 cups farro
- 4 cups water
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1 shallot minced
- 2 tsp blood orange peel grated
- 3 tbsp carrot tops chopped (can be replaced with mint)
- 2 juice blood oranges
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 15 heirloom carrots
- 1 shallot cut into quarters
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 lemon cut in half
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- shaved carrot ribbons
- blood orange segments
- orange segments
- edible flowers
- watercress stems trimmed
- Combine the water and farro in a medium saucepan. Add 2 tsp of salt. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce to medium-low heat, and cover and simmer until the farro is tender, about 15–20 minutes. Drain well, and then transfer to a large bowl and set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan on medium-high heat. Add in the shallot and garlic clove. Add carrots and squeeze lemon over the contents of the pan. Toss the pan to coat carrots. Put the pan in the oven until the carrots are roasted, about 15–18 minutes. Transfer carrots to a plate and let cool. When cool, cut the carrots in halves or thirds, depending on their size.
- Place the greek yogurt in a medium bowl. Mix in the shallot, blood orange peel, and carrot tops (or, if you’ve opted for it, the mint). Add in the blood orange juice and lemon juice. Mix. Season with salt and pepper. If the vinaigrette is too thick, add more juice. When the vinaigrette is to your liking, slowly pour it into the farro.
- Place spoonfuls of the farro salad down the center of the plate. Arrange the roasted carrots, about 8 pieces, on top of the farro. Add a few blood orange slices and some orange slices to the composition. Top the salad with trimmed watercress, edible flowers, and the carrot ribbons.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!