/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Cook-Your-Life-Logo-687x1030.png 0 0 Leo Keijzer /wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Cook-Your-Life-Logo-687x1030.png Leo Keijzer2019-06-10 15:29:232020-09-18 11:00:34Eggs in tamarind sauce
Eggs in tamarind sauce
- 250 ml Oil vegetable oil
- 10-15 pcs Sjalot thin slices
- 6 pcs Egg chicken or duck
- 120 ml tamarind puree
- 150 g Cane sugar palm sugar or light brown caster sugar
- 2 tblsp. Fish sauce
- 1 pcs red Spanish pepper without seeds and in thin slices
- 1 hand full Coriander chopped
- Heat the oil in a wok over medium-low heat and fry the shallots for 8-10 minutes until golden brown. Scoop them out of the pan with a skimmer, drain them on kitchen paper and set them aside.
- Bake the eggs in the same wok for 6-8 minutes over medium heat until they are evenly golden brown all around. Remove them from the wok and set them aside. Leave 1 tablespoon of oil in the wok.
- Mix the tamarind, sugar, fish sauce and about 4 tablespoons of water in the wok until the sugar has dissolved, and let the mixture boil for 5 minutes until it starts to get syrupy. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Cut the eggs in half lengthwise. Place them on a dish with the yolk facing up, sprinkle the sauce on top and sprinkle with the crispy shallots, peppers and coriander. Serve with cooked jasmine rice.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!