/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Cook-Your-Life-Logo-687x1030.png 0 0 Leo Keijzer /wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Cook-Your-Life-Logo-687x1030.png Leo Keijzer2019-05-19 21:20:452020-09-18 11:03:21Duck rillettes
Garnish for cooking the legs
- 6 pcs Duck legs
- 0,3 kg Mirepoix (onions, carrots, green celery)
- 10 pcs Garlic cloves
- Herbs Thyme, bayleaf, parlsey stems, rosemary To taste
- 0,1 l dry white wine
- 0,5 l White chicken stock
- to taste Ginger powder
- to taste Star anise
- 0,3 kg Duck fat
- 0,15 kg “Rillons” of duck
- 0,08 kg Pine seeds
- to taste Double cream optional
- Country bread
- 0.020 kg Cooking fat from the duck
- 0,25 kg Pearl onions
- 0,25 kg pickles
- 0,1 kg “Rillons” of duck
- 0,15 kg Rocket leaves
- To taste Chervil and parsley leaves
- To taste Chives tips
- To taste Hazelnut or walnut oil
- To taste Vintage Balsamic vinegar
- Fine salt fleur de sel
- Ginger powder
- Fine salt fleur de sel To taste
- Peppermill To taste
- Crushed black peppercorns To taste
- Ginger powder To taste
- Remove the excess of fat from the legs. Cut the fat into small pieces and place on medium heat to obtain crispy “rillons”. Drain, place on absorbent paper and season with salt.
- Season the legs with rock salt during 18 to 20 hours or could be cooked directly. In this case brown the legs with duck fat, season and remove from the pan.
Cooking the legs
- In the cooking fat brown the mirepoix and add back the legs. Cover with white chicken stock and add the bouquet garni and the spices. Cover with a lid and bake in the oven at 125°C during 10 hours.
- Remove the legs and chill the liquid to remove the fat on the top.
Making of rillettes
- Debone the legs and split the meat. Add the cooking liquid that has been reduced, a little duck fat, a little cream, the “rillons” and the pine seeds. Rectify the seasoning and spoon in a mould. Flatten the surface and pour melted duck fat on top. Store in the refrigerator.
- Serve the rillettes in the mould with slices of country bread toasted with duck fat under the salamander, pickled pearl onions, pickles, fleur de sel and crushed black peppercorns on the side.
- To note the rillettes can also be spooned on the bread and topped with the other ingredients.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!