/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Cook-Your-Life-Logo-687x1030.png 0 0 Leo Keijzer /wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Cook-Your-Life-Logo-687x1030.png Leo Keijzer2020-03-10 12:31:472020-09-18 10:01:47Zuppa Inglese
- 750 g pan de spagna see recipe for this
- 1 litres Banketbakkersroom see recipe for this
- 250 g Room
- 70 g Chocolade pure, au bain marie melted
- 200 Ml water
- 100 g Suiker
- 30 Ml Rum
- 65 Ml water
- 80 g egg whites 1 egg white is about 40 grams
- 1 Pinch Zeezout
- 20 g Poedersuiker
- Make the pastry cream according to the recipe. Put two thirds of the cream in a separate bowl and stir in the melted chocolate. Store both parts covered with plastic wrap.
- When the pastry cream is cool, beat the cream stiffly and mix two thirds through the chocolate cream and one third by the yellow cream. Then put it away.
- Put the water and sugar in a pan and bring to the boil. Let it boil until all the sugar has dissolved and add the rum.
- Grease a bowl of a standing mixer with half the lemon. Put the egg whites in the bowl with the salt. Turn on low speed until the egg whites become frothy. Then increase the speed and add the icing sugar. Whisk until the egg whites have formed soft peaks.
- When the icing sugar has done with the egg whites, put the water with the sugar on the heat. Let this boil up to 121ºC.
- When the sugar solution is 121ºC, pour it into the egg whites while the machine is running. Allow to rotate until the meringue has reached room temperature. Then put away to cool.
Assembling the zuppa Inglese
- Cut the cake into slices. 1 cm in front of small glasses and 2 cm for a large suppa. Brush the cake with the rum syrup.
- Divide half of the chocolate cream at the bottom of the bowl or bowls. Put a layer of cake on here. Then put the yellow cream on top, another layer of cake and chocolate cream. Finish with a layer of cake. Then put this away cool for further finishing. You can do that right now or later.
- Brush the top of the suppa with the meringue. Nice smooth or just with peaks. You can also spray it in tufts. Brown the meringue with a burner for a nice effect.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!