/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Cook-Your-Life-Logo-687x1030.png 0 0 Leo Keijzer /wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Cook-Your-Life-Logo-687x1030.png Leo Keijzer2016-11-14 17:32:242020-09-18 15:05:45Sea bass in salt crust
Sea bass in salt crust
- 1 pcs Zeebaars
- 3 twigs Tijm
- 75 g Bloem
- 1,5 dl Melk
- 2 pcs Eieren
- 2 twigs Peterselie
- 2 twigs Rozemarijn
- 2 twigs Tijm
- 2 twigs Oregano
- 6 pcs Eiwit
- 500 g Zeezout
- Bake the flanges. Place the fish on two pieces of aluminium foil and fill the abdomen with thyme. Cut the foil 2 cm around the shape of the fish.
- Preheat the oven at 200˚C. Sprinkle fine salt onto the middle of the baking plate (this allows the fish to bake evenly). Place the foil on the salt.
- Fold the flanges around the fish so that it is completely covered. Place the packed fish onto the tray. Beat the egg whites and add salt. Continue beating until the egg white foam is very firm. Spread the egg white foam evenly over the fish with a palette knife so that it is sealed airtight. Draw an eye, head, scales and a tail with the palette knife. Do not wait too long, otherwise the egg white will become soft again. Place the baking tray in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve the fish in the salt crust. Open the salt crust from the head. Remove the flanges and the skin. Take the filet off the fish with a knife and divide onto two plates.
- If desired, serve with oil and dill (not too much, dill can easily dominate as a flavor) or chives.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!