/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Cook-Your-Life-Logo-687x1030.png 0 0 Leo Keijzer /wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Cook-Your-Life-Logo-687x1030.png Leo Keijzer2020-09-02 09:48:112020-09-18 09:59:26Quick chicken broth
Quick chicken broth
- 1 chicken carcass chopped into rough pieces
- 1 Onion chopped into quarters
- 1 Leek chopped into thick 2 cm pieces
- 1 carrot chopped into 2 cm pieces
- 2 celery sticks chopped into 2 cm pieces
- 1 garlic bulb choppedhalf (don’t worry about peeling)
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 2 Bay leaves
- Fresh parsley to taste
- Gently crushed peppercorns to taste
- 2,5 liter water
- Brown the pieces of chicken carcass (optional).
- Place all the ingredients in a large saucepan and cover with cold water.
- Quickly bring to a boil.
- Skim the grease off the top of the stock using a ladle to help keep the stock clear and not cloudy as it boils.
- Boil the stock for 30 to 40 minutes, skimming once or twice.
- Place a sieve over a large pan and line the sieve with cheesecloth.
- Pour the stock into the cheesecloth, catching any impurities and small bits into the sieve while allowing the stock to flow into the pan below.
- Discard what the sieve caught and you’re done.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!