/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Cook-Your-Life-Logo-687x1030.png 0 0 Leo Keijzer /wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Cook-Your-Life-Logo-687x1030.png Leo Keijzer2021-11-26 08:56:272021-11-26 09:22:43Poached devil fish and a beurre blanc with capers
Poached devil fish and a beurre blanc with capers
- 4 devil fish wings
- 3 dl fish stock
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 2 dl white wine
- 2 dl white wine vinegar
- 2 dl water
- 1 shallot
- 1 sprigs thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 dash cream
- 60 g apple capers
- 150 g butter
poached devil fish
- Heat the fish fumet.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Season the fish on both sides with salt and pepper. Place the wings in the baking dish.
- Pour over the fish fumet. Add a few sprigs of thyme. Spread a few knobs of butter over the fish.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and poach the fish in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes. Check if the fish is ready by poking it.
- In a saucepan, bring the white wine, white wine vinegar and water to the boil for the 'reduction'.
- Peel the shallot and cut into half rings. Add the shallot to the liquid and season with salt, pepper, a sprig of thyme and a bay leaf. Let it boil down.
- Strain the reduction and put it back on the fire. Let it boil down further. Add a splash of cream.
- Remove the stems and finely chop the capers.
- Cut the cold butter into cubes and stir with a whisk through the reduction until it becomes a nice, lightly bound sauce. Season with salt and pepper. Add the chopped capers.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!