/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Cook-Your-Life-Logo-687x1030.png 0 0 Leo Keijzer /wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Cook-Your-Life-Logo-687x1030.png Leo Keijzer2018-10-11 11:32:082020-09-18 12:00:21Pain aux raisins
Pain aux raisins
- 1450 g Croissant dough
- 500 g Melk full milk
- 100 g Sugar fine sugar
- 1 Pcs Vanillestokje
- 45 g Custard powder
- 2 pcs egg yolks
- 250 g Raisins
- Bring 400 g of the milk with 50 g of the granulated sugar to the boil. Cut open the vanilla pod and scrape out the marrow. Add the marrow and the stick to the milk.
- Stir in the remaining milk with the remaining granulated sugar, the custard powder and the egg yolks into a smooth paste. Pour 1/3 of the hot milk into the paste while stirring and stir well. Then pour this back into the hot milk in the pan and let the yellow cream cook over low heat for about 1 minute with continuous stirring to a thick custard. Pass the yellow cream through a sieve to remove any lumps and the vanilla pod. Put the cream in a deep plate or on a plate and cover it with plastic wrap to prevent skin formation. Allow the cream to cool in the refrigerator.
Finish and baking
- But the raisins for 20 minutes in water at about 30 ° C (hand warm). Then let them drain and pat dry well with kitchen paper. Beat the yellow cream in the food processor at high speed for about 2 minutes.
- Roll out the dough into a piece of cloth measuring approximately 60 x 35 cm and coat with the palette knife a layer of yellow cream of about 5 mm thick. Sprinkle with the raisins and roll the dough tightly from the long side. Make sure the seam fits well. Cut the roll into slices of 2 cm thickness and stop the end under each roll. Place the rolls on a baking tray covered with parchment paper. Brush them thinly with a little beaten egg and let them rise for about 1 hour at room temperature, until they have almost doubled in size. In the meantime, preheat the oven to 200 Â ° C.
- Fry the buns until golden brown and done in about 20 minutes. Bring the apricot jam briefly to the boil and cover the baked bread rolls.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!