/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Cook-Your-Life-Logo-687x1030.png 0 0 Leo Keijzer /wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Cook-Your-Life-Logo-687x1030.png Leo Keijzer2017-12-29 09:06:182020-09-18 13:18:07Meringues met pistache en rozenwater
Meringues with pistachio and rose water
- 600 g Suiker
- 300 g Egg white fresh
- 2 tsp Rozenwater
- 60 g Pistachenoten finely cut
- Turn the oven on to 200ºC. Place baking paper on a baking tray and sprinkle with sugar. Place the baking tray in the oven for 8 minutes until the sugar is hot (>100ºC). The sugar must start melting. Easier: heat the sugar in a pan with a tablespoon of water(warmer than 100ºC). This makes it easier to pour out later. Keep an eye on it, since it burns quickly.
- Use a food processor beat the egg whites until frothy. While the food processor is still mixing, pour the warm sugar slowly into the bowl with the egg whites. Continue beating until the egg whites have cooled down. The mixture must be silky and glossy. Add the rosewater now.
- Turn the oven to 110ºC. Place baking paper on a baking tray and put a bit of meringue on it in order to press it down. Sprinkle the pistachio nuts on a flat plate.
- Use two large spoons to make meringue balls (approximately the size of an apple) and place on the plate with pistachio nuts. Cover the surface of the meringue with the nuts. Place the meringues on the baking tray (they must be placed far apart from each other because they will increase double in size).
- Place the baking tray in the oven to dry for approximately 2 hours. Lift one up to see whether the outside is dry. The inside must still be soft. Shelf life is a couple of days.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!