/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Cook-Your-Life-Logo-687x1030.png 0 0 Leo Keijzer /wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Cook-Your-Life-Logo-687x1030.png Leo Keijzer2016-11-15 11:23:292022-02-08 12:49:08Loup en croute aux senteurs de Provence
Loup en croute aux senteurs de Provence
Seabass in puff pastry
- 400 g Seabass filet
- 1 pieces Fennel
- 2 pieces Leek
- 2 twig Celery
- 100 ml Olive olil
- 50 g Egg white
- 100 g Cream cheese
- 400 g Puff pastry
- 1 pieces Egg yolk
- 4 twig Basil
- 200 ml olive oil
- 6 pieces Tomato
- 4 pieces Scallion
- 20 g Butter
- 1 pieces Bouquet garni
- 2 tbsp Tomato paste
- Roll out the puff pastry to a slab which is approximately 3 mm thick. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place the puff pastry on the baking tray. Cover this also with baking paper. Place aside and chill in the refrigerator.
- Cut the fennel, peeled celery and leek in fine julliene. Add butter in a pan as well as the vegetables. Allow them to sweat by adding a bit of water. Cover the pan with a lid or baking paper. Turn the heat low and check if it is not burning. Stir once in a while. When cooked, season with salt and pepper and allow to cool down. When cooled down, mix in fresh cheese as well as the egg white.
- Peel and remove the seeds of the tomatoes. Cut in brunoise. Cut scallion in brunoise. Sweat the onions in a pan with olive oil. Add tomatoes. Turn the heat low and cover with a lid. Later, remove the lid to allow evaporation.
- Blend the basil leaves and oil in a blender until a paste is formed. Add this to the tomato sauce together with tomato paste for the taste. Keep warm.
- Fillet the fish. Remove the fish bones. Place one half on plastic foil and spread the cooled vegetables. Turn the second half upside down and place on top. Make sure the thickness is the same over the whole fish.Press the sides firmly against each other. Roll the plastic foil tightly around the fish and cool.
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C.
- yolTake the puff pastry out of the refrigerator and place on baking paper. Coat the edges with the egg yolk . Place the fish slightly above the bottom edge. Use the parchment paper to raise the bottom edge and coat the outside of the dough with egg.Then fold the other side of the puff pastry around the fish with the aid of the paper, so that the ends of the dough just overlap. Place the seam underneath. Press the ends firmly and cut off well, fold the rest under the roll.Cut a line in the middle in the longitudinal direction and diagonally to it. Make sure not to go completely through the dough.With a large fish, make three holes in the longitudinal direction to allow the moisture to evaporate during baking.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until the core temperature is approximately 45-50˚C.
- Brush the puff pastry with clarified butter. Serve in slices with tomato sauce.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!