/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Cook-Your-Life-Logo-687x1030.png 0 0 Leo Keijzer /wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Cook-Your-Life-Logo-687x1030.png Leo Keijzer2016-11-15 10:21:262022-03-28 11:30:41Lemon curd
Lemon curd extra
- 250 g Sugar fine sugar
- 4 pcs Lemon zest
- 240 g Lemon juice
- 180 g Butter
- 140 g Egg yolk
- 4 pcs Eggs
- Cut the butter into cubes and put them in the refrigerator.
- Put a little sugar into the zestes and rub the zestes well by adding the sugar. Add the rest of the sugar, so that the zestes can give off their taste. Let just stand this.
- Now add the lemon sugar, lemon juice, yolks and whole eggs together.
- Cook this mass au bain marie to a nice smooth cream.
- Allow the cream to cool to about 45°C and add the cold butter cubes little by little. You can also use a rod mixer. It must be a good emulsified mass that has a thickness of mayonnaise.
- Cover, press plastic on the curd to prevent sheet formation.
- Cool down
- NB: you can also make this in the thermomixer. Do everything in the thermomix up to and including point 4 and turn to position 2 and 90ºC for 20 minutes, without closing the lid with the measuring cup. Let it cool down while turning the rotor to 50ºC and then add the blocks of butter. Put the measuring cup on and run for another 5 minutes at speed 6.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!