/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Cook-Your-Life-Logo-687x1030.png 0 0 Leo Keijzer /wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Cook-Your-Life-Logo-687x1030.png Leo Keijzer2020-02-27 13:47:132022-02-01 15:31:53Lamb stew
- 1,5 Kg Lamb shoulder
- 2 Tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 1 Pieces onion roughly chopped
- Sea salt
- 1 Pieces Red bell pepper
- 3 Pieces Bay leaves
- 240 Ml White wine
- 0,5 can tomatoes
- 2 Liter lamb or beef stock
- 6 Twigs Parsely
- 1 Bunch wild fennel or a small fennel thinly sliced and on ice.
- Cut the lamb into cubes of about 5 cm. Fry in the olive oil brown, all around. All the meat should hit the bottom, if necessary you fry it in multiple portions. Then remove the meat from the pan and set aside.
- Bake in the same oil the garlic and onion with some salt, over low heat. Then add the red bell pepper and bay leaf and bake for a minute. Extinguish with the wine and scrape the bottom loose with a flat spoon. Then put the meat back in the pan and add the tomatoes with the broth, the meat should be just under. Add salt, place the lid on the pan and simmer for 1.5 hours over low heat. Just before serving stir in the parsley and fennel. Serve at room temperature with ciabatta bread.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!