/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Cook-Your-Life-Logo-687x1030.png 0 0 Leo Keijzer /wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Cook-Your-Life-Logo-687x1030.png Leo Keijzer2019-06-09 11:47:112020-09-18 11:00:47Coconut chicken soup
Coconut chicken soup
- 800 ml Kippenbouillon
- 0,5 tl Zout
- 1 pcs coriander root
- 1 pcs Sjalot halves
- 2 stems Citroengras in diagonal slices
- 6 thin slices galanga
- 4 leave kaffir lime chopped (can be replaced by mint)
- 300 g black chicken fillet or boned thighs in pieces of 3x4cm
- 100 g young coconut
- 0,5 tblsp Vissaus
- 2,5 tsp Limoensap
- 0,5 tsp Suiker
- 200 ml Kokosmelk
- 1-2 g red rawit peppers
- 10 g Koriander chopped
- 1 tsp chilipepers chopped
- 2 pcs very young coconuts cap removed from the top and drained (use the cap as a lid)
- 4 dried rawit peppers without seeds
- Bring the chicken broth with the salt to the boil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Mash the coriander root, shallot, galanga, kaffir lime leaves and lemongrass in a mortar, put them in the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add the chicken pieces and cook for 3-4 minutes or until done. Stir in the young coconut, fish sauce, sugar, coconut milk and lime juice, and let the soup boil for another 2 minutes. Add the peppers and coriander, scoop the soup into whole, young coconuts, garnish with dried peppers and put them on the table.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!