/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Cook-Your-Life-Logo-687x1030.png 0 0 Leo Keijzer /wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Cook-Your-Life-Logo-687x1030.png Leo Keijzer2016-11-11 14:04:392021-06-13 16:39:32Gratin Dauphinois
- 500 g Potatoes mid size
- 0,5 l Milk
- 1 pcs eggs
- 60 g Butter
- 125 g Gruyere cheese grated
- 1 pinch Nutmeg
- 1 clove Garlic
- Bring the milk to the boil and let cool.
- Peel and dry the potatoes, cut them in 2 mm thin circles, sprinkle with some salt, pepper and a pinch of nutmeg, and mix well. Put this mixture in a bowl.
- Beat the egg, pour it through a fine sieve and beat it through the lukewarm milk. Stir two thirds of the Gruyere through the potatoes. Pour in so much milk that the potatoes are covered with it. Mix well with a wooden spoon. Check for pepper and salt
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Rub the inside of an ovenproof dish with garlic and butter, pour in the mixture, which should not exceed 6 to 7 cm.
- Fill the dish up to a maximum of 1 cm below the edge, place the potato slices in it, roof-tile. Wipe the edge carefully. Sprinkle the rest of the grated gruyere and the butter in flakes over it. Optionally, some stiff cream may be added.
- Put the dish in the preheated oven for 60 to 90 minutes, until you have a creamy, creamy puree with a nice brown short.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!