/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Cook-Your-Life-Logo-687x1030.png 0 0 Leo Keijzer /wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Cook-Your-Life-Logo-687x1030.png Leo Keijzer2021-12-13 16:16:412021-12-13 16:23:42Eclairs a la violette
Eclairs a la violette
- 65 g butter
- 85 g flour
- 80 g sugar
Dough for puffs
- 17 cl milk
- 70 g butter
- 1.5 tsp sugar
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 100 g flour
- 3 pieces eggs
- 5.5 dl milk
- 40 g butter
- 105 g egg yolk
- 120 g sugar
- 30 g flour
- 35 g cornflour
- 7 drops violet food coloring
- 200 g fondant violet
- 75 g raspberry jam
- 300 g clear glaze
- 1 pinch violet food coloring
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Knead until smooth and then put in the fridge for a while.
- Then roll it out between two sheets of baking paper.
Dough for puffs
- Prepare the choux pastry as in the recipe.
- Place the dough in a piping bag with nozzle number 16.
- Place a sheet of baking paper on a baking tray and pipe 10 cm long sticks on it. Keep enough distance so that they don't bump into each other while baking.
- Place a rectangular piece of crispy layer on each bar.
- Bake the éclairs at 180°C, 35 minutes. Occasionally open the oven to allow the moisture to escape.
- Make the pastry cream according to the recipe and add the drops of food coloring. Let cool. Place the cream in a piping bag with nozzle No. 10.
Finishing and decoration
- Use tip 6 to make three holes in the bottom of each éclair and pipe in the pastry cream.
- Roll out the violet fondant between two sheets of baking paper and cut into rectangles of 10 x 2 cm.
- Pipe a few drops of raspberry jam on the éclairs and place the fondant on top.
- Cover with the clear glaze and optionally with silver sugar pearls.
Source: Le Gordon Bleu
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!