/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Cook-Your-Life-Logo-687x1030.png 0 0 Leo Keijzer /wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Cook-Your-Life-Logo-687x1030.png Leo Keijzer2020-01-27 08:45:172021-12-15 14:54:43Daube de boeuf
Daube de boeuf
- 1/2 oxtail
- 500 g beef
- 500 g chuck
- 4 pcs carrots
- 3 stalks celery
- 2 pcs white onions
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 pcs untreated orange
- 15 corns peppercorns
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 bottle red wine
Cooking the stew
- The pieces of beef marinated in their bowl
- 3 tbsp. flour
- 1 liter chicken broth
- Cut the meats into 2 to 3 cm cubes by the butcher. Degrease them.
- Then prepare the marinade. Peel and wash the carrots, the celery stalks, and cut them into whistles. Peel the onions and garlic cloves: cut the onions into small wedges and crush the garlic cloves. Cut the orange into slices. Collect all these products in a bowl. Add the peppercorns and thyme. Pour in the red wine and marinate for 48 hours in the refrigerator.
Cooking the stew
- Heat the oven to 150°C. Drain the meats and put aside. Filter the marinade directly into a colander placed on a saucepan. Boil the wine from the marinade for 2 minutes, skimming it carefully.
- In a cast iron casserole dish, heat a drizzle of olive oil and brown the meat cubes on all sides. Stir them several times. Then remove them with a skimmer and put the aromatic garnish instead, but without the oranges. Stir well for 2 minutes then sprinkle the flour and let it cook. Lower the heat and stir again. Return the beef pieces and orange slices to the casserole dish. Pour in the marinade wine, then the poultry broth at height: the liquid should just cover the meats. Salt lightly and boil, skimming well. Then cover the casserole dish and bake for 3 hours.
- Take out the casserole dish. Taste and adjust the seasoning. Serve the stew in its casserole dish or dress it in a deep dish.
- If the sauce is too long, put the casserole dish on the heat and let it reduce. Otherwise, add what you need of poultry broth.
- With the leftovers of this stew, you can prepare, for example, whole pasta in a casserole dish. Or ravioli.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!