/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Cook-Your-Life-Logo-687x1030.png 0 0 Leo Keijzer /wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Cook-Your-Life-Logo-687x1030.png Leo Keijzer2022-10-24 10:25:242022-10-24 10:33:16Cotoletta alla Milanese e gremolata
Coteletta alla Milanese e gremolata
- 4 pieces veal chops
- 4 pieces eggs beaten
- 300 g breadcrumbs
- 200 g clarified butter
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 0.5 bunch parsley finely chopped
- 0.5 pieces zest lemon grated
- Make the gremolata by mixing the garlic, parsley and lemon zest. For a paste you do this in a mortar, for somewhat rougher gremolata just mix with a fork. Then set aside.
- Cut the meat from the bone to the base. Scratch the membranes off the bone with a sharp knife. Place the cutlets between a piece of baking paper. Gently beat them flat with a meat mallet or meat axe. Then dip them in the egg and then in the breadcrumbs. Press down well with your fingertips and repeat all over again.
- Melt the clarified butter in a large skillet until hot. Fry the cutlets over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes per side until they are a nice golden brown color and the meat is still pink. While baking, always spoon some butter over the bone (arrosion). Remove from the pan, set aside warm without covering (this will soften the crust) and cook the rest.
- Before serving, sprinkle with some fleur de sel and serve with a lemon wedge and the gremolata. You can serve with baked potatoes and some lettuce if you like.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!