/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Cook-Your-Life-Logo-687x1030.png 0 0 Leo Keijzer /wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Cook-Your-Life-Logo-687x1030.png Leo Keijzer2020-03-01 16:30:092020-09-18 10:17:46Beetroot and watercress soup
Beetroot and watercress soup
- 500 g gekookte rode bieten
- 1 Rode ui Chopped
- 750 Ml ongezouten groentebouillon or water
- 1 tsp Venkelzaad
- 1 friszure appel Elstar
- 1 Tblsp Citroensap
- 2 Sjalots Chopped
- 25 g Boter
- 500 Ml Kippenbouillon
- 200 g crumby potatoes peeled and diced
- 100 g Water cress thick stems removed
- 2 Tablespoon Crème fraiche
- Cayenne pepper
- This two-color soup can be made with the half of the salt that you would normally need for a good taste. By making the red-coloured beet soup entirely without salt and with a salted green watercress soup. The contrast in salinity between the two soups increases the salt awareness which means that you need less salt in total.
- Keep a beetroot separate and cut the rest into cubes. Fruit the red onion in the oil for a few minutes and add the cubes of beetroot and the fennel. Bake for a few minutes and pour in the broth. Bring to the boil and let the soup cook gently for 15 minutes.
- Cut the apple into small cubes (0.5 centimeters) and add half of them to the soup. Cook for 5 minutes and blend the soup with a hand blender.
- Also cut the withheld beetroot into small cubes and mix with the apple cubes. Mix in the lemon juice and season the salad with a little salt and pepper.
- Make the watercress soup by fruiting the shallots in the butter in a pan. Add the stock and earth potato cubes and bring to the boil. Cook gently for 15 minutes. Add the watercress (leave a few nice leaves to garnish) and crème fraîche and mash with a hand blender. Season the soup with salt, cayenne pepper and nutmeg.
- First pour a bottom of the beet soup into a deep plate. With the same quantity of watercress soup make a nice swirl in the beet soup. Spoon a little of the beetroot apple salade into the soup and garnish with a sprig of watercress.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!