/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Cook-Your-Life-Logo-687x1030.png 0 0 Leo Keijzer /wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Cook-Your-Life-Logo-687x1030.png Leo Keijzer2018-09-17 13:42:102020-09-18 12:00:39Vegan en gistvrij brood
Buckwheat bread, gluten free
- 220 gr buckwheat soaked in water 6 hours or overnight
- 40 gr chia seeds mixed with 4 tbsp water
- 240 ml water
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 pieces Garlic cloves minced
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- a few dashes black pepper
- 0,5 tsp Salt optional
- Soak buckwheat groats overnight in plenty of water or for at least two hours.
- Soak chia seeds in 4 tbsp water for 10 minutes until they form a gel-like consistency
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F)
- Drain buckwheat and rinse thoroughly.
- Add all ingredients to a food processor or blender and blend until it forms a thick batter. If batter is too thick add extra water.
- Pour buckwheat batter in a medium lined loaf tin (with parchment paper) and bake for 60-75minutes at 180°C / 350°F.
- Bake until just brown on top then remove from the oven, take the bread out of the tin, and return to the oven for another 30 min (this will create a crunchy crust). The bread is done when it is golden brown and sounds hollow when tapped
- Place bread on a cooling rack and allow to cool completely before slicing.
- Enjoy fresh or toasted for up to 5 days. Store any slices you will not eat within 5 days in the freezer as they will go stale quickly with no preservatives.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!