/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Cook-Your-Life-Logo-687x1030.png 0 0 Leo Keijzer /wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Cook-Your-Life-Logo-687x1030.png Leo Keijzer2021-02-15 10:14:432022-03-13 18:47:23Rendang Padang
- 1 portion Bumbu rendang padang
- 1.25 liter coconut cream 24% fat (Kara)
- 0.75 tbsp salt
- 1 kg stew beef tail neck, shoulder, rib, cut into 2 cm cubes and sprinkled with salt
- 0.5 tbsp tamarind paste
- 4 leaves salam leaves
- 8 stalks sereh bruised
- 16 leaves lime leaves crushed
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- Put the bumbu with the coconut cream in a pan or wok over high heat and mix well. Then add the stew with the tamarind paste, salam leaves, lemongrass and lime leaves. Let this simmer for at least 3 hours on low heat or in the oven at 120°C with the lid on the pan. Stir occasionally.
- After 3 hours, increase the heat and remove the lid to allow the moisture to evaporate. When the fat floats to the top, cooking begins. Keep stirring until the meat turns dark brown and the sauce sticks to the meat.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!