/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Cook-Your-Life-Logo-687x1030.png 0 0 Leo Keijzer /wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Cook-Your-Life-Logo-687x1030.png Leo Keijzer2018-03-23 20:32:252020-09-18 13:16:59Dutch Shrimp Croquettes
Dutch shrimp croquettes
- 1 pcs Sjalot
- 10 gram Boter
- 300 gram water
- 1 kg Dutch shrimps Unpeeled
- 80 gram Boter
- 100 gram Bloem
- 250 gram Melk
- 250 gram shrimp stock from above
- 6 gram Gelatine welled in cold water
- 2 pcs Eidooier
- 50 gram Room
- Peper white
- Few drops Tabasco
- 1 tblsp Peterselie chopped
- Bread crumbs fine
- Bread crumbs big
- 5 pcs Eiwit
- 10 gram Bloem
- Sunflower oil To deepfry
- Peel the shrimps (per kg, approximately 300 g of shrimp is left over) and keep the caps. Fry the shallot in a bit of butter. Stir in the shrimp caps and add water. Bring to a boil. Remove the pan from the heat and let it cool down. Pour the stock through a sieve and collect the fluid. Throw away the shrimp caps. There still remains 5/6 of the stock. Let it cool down.
- For the roux, melt the butter in a pan with a thick bottom. Let the butter fizz, but prevent it from turning brown. Use a whisk to stir in the flour. Let the mixture continue to cook for 1 to 2 minutes until it is of a golden-yellow color and the mass releases from the pan. Gradually pour the broth and the milk into the roux at the same time, adding a little after the previous quantity has been absorbed. Keep stirring.
- Let the ragout cook for a while until the flour is tender. Taste, and remove the pan from the heat when the ragout shines and no longer tastes mealy. Stir in the squeezed gelatine leaves.
- Whisk egg whites and cream together. Incorporate the egg mixture with the ragout. Season with salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, and a couple of drops of tabasco. Add the peeled shrimp and then the chopped parsley to the ragout and stir. Cover the ragout and place in the fridge overnight.
- Use an ice cream scoop to make balls of ragout, approximately 60 g each. Roll these through the fine bread crumbs on the work place, until forming the shape of a croquette. Whisk the eggs and add the flour. Dip the croquettes in the egg mixture, and then dip them into the big bread crumbs. Fry the croquettes in oil at 180°C for 3 minutes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!