/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Cook-Your-Life-Logo-687x1030.png 0 0 Leo Keijzer /wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Cook-Your-Life-Logo-687x1030.png Leo Keijzer2021-06-21 15:44:252021-06-21 15:46:36Blanquette de veau EN
Blanquette de veau EN
- 500 g veal meat to stew
- 1 piece onion
- 1 piece carrot
- 1 piece leek
- 3 branches thyme
- 2 leaves bay leave
- 100 ml white wine
- 200 ml veal juice
- 4 tsp butter
- 20 pieces small onions
- 1 tblsp sugar
- 3 tblsp flour
- 100 g chestnut mushrooms
- 100 g shiitakes
- 100 g oister mushrooms
- 150 ml cream
- 1 bunch parsley
- 1 piece lemon squeezed
- Cut the meat into cubes. Make sure they are all about the same size.
- Put the meat in a stockpot and pour in cold water until the meat is covered. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Pour off and rince with cold water.
- Peel the onion and stick the cloves in it. Cut the carrot and the celery into slices.
- Return the meat to the stockpot and add the onion, carrots, celry, garlic and herbs.
- Pour in the veal stock and very generously salt and pepper. Bring to a boil . If nececarry, skim the surface.
- Put the lid on the pot, reduce the heat and let it simmer for an hour and a half.
- Cut the mushrooms into thick slices and fry them briefly in butter, until they are light brown coloured.
- Drain the meat after cooking. Catch the sauce into a bowl.
- Remove the vegetables and the herbs.
- Cover the meat with foil, to keep warm.
- Melt the butter in a pan over low heat. Add the flour and stir gently for 2 minutes to cook the flour. Slowly add the sauce and stir firmly to make a smooth sauce. Heat a few minutes to cook. Add the mushrooms and the cream. Taste well and bring to the taste if necessary. Add some lemon juice. Do not boil after adding the cream.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!