Always sieve the flour in order to get a nice and smoothy dough. Do not knead too long otherwise it gets too elastic and it will shrink during the baking.
In stead of the frangipane you can apply pastry cream or whipped cream.
Strawberry raspberry and blue berry cake
- 100 g Boter room temp.
- 100 g Amandelmeel
- 80 g Suiker fine sugar
- 2 Pcs Eieren
- 1 tblsp Bloem
- 250 g Aardbei
- 125 g Frambozen
- 20 g Redcurrants
- 2 tblsp Redcurrent gelly
- 125 g Blueberries
- 0,5 pcs Citroensap
- 1 tbsps Suiker fine sugar
- 250 g Bloem
- 1 pinch Zout
- 60 g Suiker fine sugar
- 125 g Boter small cubes, room temp
- 1 pcs Eidooier
- 40 ml water
- Sieve the flour in a bowl and add sugar and salt. Blend and add the butter. Softly mix with your finger tops until it crumbles. Add egg yolk and water little by little. Knead to a dough. Not too long, because you do not want it to be too flexible. Make a ball, push it a little and wrap in cling film. Cool down for at least 1 hour.
- Roll the dough to a thickness of 3 mm. Grease a cake pan with butter and fill it with the dough. Push it a little to the edges and pierce it with a fork. Bake at 180ºC hot air for 15 minutes. When it colours, take the bottom out and cool down.
- Whisk the soft butter with the almond flour, sugar and eggs. Blend with the flour and keep whisking until the mixture is nice and smoothy. Spread the mixture over the cake bottom and bake for 20 minutes at 160ºC hot air.
- Cut the strawberries in halves and bigger ones in quarters. Mix with the lemon juice in a bowl and set aside in a cool place.
- Take the cake bottom from the oven and let it cool down. Heat the redcurrent gelly until it gets fluid and brush the cake bottom with this liquid. Leak the strawberries from the lemon juice and make a nice pattern on the bottom with the other fruits, use the picture as an example.