/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Cook-Your-Life-Logo-687x1030.png 0 0 Leo Keijzer /wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Cook-Your-Life-Logo-687x1030.png Leo Keijzer2020-09-30 14:41:282020-11-12 16:53:01Gâteau breton au caramel
- 275 g flour
- 175 g salted butter at room temperature
- 205 g sugar
- 90 g egg yolks
- 4 g baking powder
- 125 g sugar
- 120 g creme fleurette liquid cream
- 1 pod vanilla
- 90 g salted butter
- Melt the sugar in a thick-bottomed pan.
- Put another pan on the heat to allow the scraped vanilla bean be infused with the creme fleurette.
- When the caramel turns brown, remove the vanilla pod from the cream andTblsp add the cream to the caramel.
- When the caramel turns brown, remove the vanilla pod from the cream and add the cream to the caramel.
- Be careful, because the caramel is very hot.
- Allow to get to 107°C, then add the butter into pieces, stirring well.
- Use a hand blender if necessary.
- Leave under foil and leave overnight.
- Mix the butter with the sugar.
- Add the flour, with the baking powder.
- Then mix in the egg yolks.
- Mix until a homogeneous dough is created.
- Turn the dough into a ball and cool down for one hour.
- Then get 400 g of dough and roll it out to 1 cm larger than the baking tin.
- Roll out the remaining of the dough into a circle with the same diameter as the baking tin.
- Cover the bottom of the baking tin with baking paper and grease in with butter.
- Place the dough in the tin and make an upright edge of 1 cm.
- Spread then the caramel in the shape on the dough.
- Place on the other slice of dough.
- Press the edge gently and then put 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Brush the top of the cake with egg yolk and carve a breton pattern on the cake with a fork.
- Bake for 45 minutes and leave to cool before taking the cake out of the tin.
- The cake is at its best the next day!
Academie du gout
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!