/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Cook-Your-Life-Logo-687x1030.png 0 0 Leo Keijzer /wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Cook-Your-Life-Logo-687x1030.png Leo Keijzer2019-01-28 17:25:412022-03-28 11:21:52Tarte tatin klassiek
Tarte tatin classic
- 5 pcs Apples Golden delicious
- 125 g Butter
- 125 g Sugar
- 1 tl Cinnamon
- 1 tblsp Calvados
- 175 g Flour
- 1 pinche Salt
- 115 g Butter
- 1 tblsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Lemon zest
- 1 tblsp water
- 1 pcs Egg yolk if needed
- Peel the apples, cut them in half and remove the core.
- Melt the butter with the sugar in a thick-bottomed pan and let it cook gently until the sugar is caramelised.
- Put the pan in a container with cold water. · Arrange the apple halves on their sides in a circle in the pan, and also fill the middle with apple halves Then put the pan back on the heat and let the apples boil until they start to give when you press them with your fingers. Remove the pan from the heat and allow to cool.
- Sieve the flour with the salt in a bowl. Cut the butter through and rub the whole with fingertips into fine crumbs. Mix in the sugar and the grated lemon peel. Beat the egg yolk with the water and mix it through the dough. Shape one ball and let it rest in the refrigerator.
- Take the dough out of the refrigerator after half an hour. Roll out the dough into a piece of cloth that is more than the size of the pan.
- Sprinkle the apples with some cinnamon and pour the Calvados if desired. Place the rolled out dough over it, brush with some beaten egg whites and sprinkle with some sugar. Bake the tarte Tatin for 35-40 minutes in a preheated warm oven 200°C golden brown.
- Remove the cake from the oven. Pour the cake onto a bowl and glaze with some apricot glaze. Heat in the oven and serve immediately with crème fraîche or vanilla ice cream.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!