/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Cook-Your-Life-Logo-687x1030.png 0 0 Leo Keijzer /wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Cook-Your-Life-Logo-687x1030.png Leo Keijzer2016-11-15 10:31:212021-11-30 08:54:44Caramlised chicory with provolone cheese
Caramalised chicory with provolone cheese
- 400 g Flour
- 200 g Butter
- 2 pcs Eggs
- 1 tsp Salt
- 600 g Chicory
- 1 bunch sage
- 30 g Butter
- 200 g provolone or other good melting cheese
- 200 g Sugar
- 6 tbsp water
- Make the dough by mixing all ingredients well and kneading a little at the end. Do not knead for too long, otherwise the dough will become too elastic. Place in the fridge for half an hour.
- Cut the chicory in half and remove the hard core. Place the halves neatly next to each other on the work surface.
- Make a caramel from the water and sugar. When it is brown, immediately turn off the heat. Pour the caramel directly into the tarte tatin baking tins.
Assemble and finish
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC, hot air. Arrange the chicory halves neatly in a circle in the cake pan. Add a few knobs of butter and sprinkle with the chopped sage. Place the cheese slices on top. Roll out the dough into a round slice that is slightly larger than the pie pan. Place the dough slice on top of the chicory and cheese with the edges pressed down. Place in the oven and bake for another half an hour to 40 minutes, until the dough is nicely browned. Remove the mold from the oven and let it cool for a while. Then turn the mold between two plates, let the excess moisture drain. Serve hot.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!